one of my resolutions this year is to eat healthier.
although i vow to be more stern about my diet choices, i sometimes find it challenging to come up with an absolutely healthy dish.
i accidentally stumbled upon this quick and healthy recipe from a complimentary lunch at work. after trying the bento, i couldn't resist replicating this fresh and easy recipe! The best thing about this entrée is that the ingredients are easy to find, plus it only takes around 5 minutes to make!
ingredients for 1 serving:
- a handful of your choice of sprouts
- half of one avocado, diced
- halved 5 mini tomatoes
- salmon flakes ( you can leave this in case you are a vegetarian )
- 3/4 cup of cooked brown rice
- 3 tbs boiled beans and peas
- sliced green onions to garnish
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 1 tbs mirin
- 1 ts sesame oil
- a couple of pinches of black and white roasted sesame seeds
- mix the sauce together and set aside
- add the beans and peas to the rice. add a couple of table spoons of the sauce and mix well.
- simply decorate the dish however you want. I like to layer them and top with salmon flakes and green onions.
- add in the rest of the sauce on top of the rice and voila! your healthy rice is ready!