Monday, October 13, 2014

Saturday Surf NYC x Daikanyama

The first time I discovered Saturday Surf NYC was through Nathan Williams of Kinfolk's Instagram post. I thought, what a beautiful space, doesn't look like Japan. 
Little did I know it was a men's apparel store that happens to have a cafe in it. 

    
The shop/cafe, located approximately 10 minutes away from Daikanyama station,
has a beautiful patio overlooking Tokyo city.  





I spent about a good hour sketching and relaxing on SS NYC's patio. Sipping coffee outdoors really reminded me of life in Canada, where I'd spent hours outdoors and coming up with great ideas for my next painting. 

Although Daikanyama slightly intimidates me with all its fancy shops, I will definitely bring friends back here for a nice cup of coffee and good conversations.

No comments:

Post a Comment